WRITE DURING THE EXAM [JUNE 12, 09:00h, B0.02] A 400 WORD RESPONSE TO THE ARTICLE OF DARREN HEMMINGS. READ IT BEFORE THE EXAM AND FORM YOUR OPINION.
- What is Retro? (reunion tours etc.)
- What kinds of questions did “Love” raise?
- Who is the bestseller of the 00’s?
- What is a “presold concept” in the movie business?
- In what way are Adele, Duffy and Amy Winehouse doing the same thing?
- What has replaced The Future in the minds of young music makers in the noughties?
- Where is the time machine of futuristic technology taking us?
THE 1980S REVIVAL THAT LASTED A DECADE
- What makes “Discovery” by Daft Punk so 1980s?
- What is false memory syndrome?
- What is the difference how the word “electro” gets used in the 80s and in the 00s?
- What is not so 1980s about Lady Gaga?
- Why is cassette tape the ultimate DIY?
- What is the 20-year rule of revivals?
THE MUSICALLY FRAGMENTED DECADE
- What was according to Simon Reynolds “so intriguingly odd” about the Top 10 of Pitchforks
Albums Of The Noughties?
- Why would a Top 2000 of the noughties win over all preceding decades?